Issue in Fetching the resources in Apigee Migration tool

Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using apigee-migrate-tool to migrate my trial organization data to the paid one,that is causing some issues

A total number of products available in my old organization is more than 1000, but when the tool retrieves all the products via List products API, it returns only 1000 products, how to get the rest?Same happens with no. of Devs, available ones are more than 1000 but list developer API returns 999

Need an urgent help!

0 8 197
8 REPLIES 8

For apps the pagination is based on startKey, rows. Unclear if the tool supports > 1000 export. You may have to use the management API to export the rest.

@Madhan Sadasivam The tool is using https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/organizations/{org_name}/apiproducts (list api management call only), but it gets 1000 records in response. And i was thinking of pagination option with management api calls but it doesn't support.

However Edge UI allows to export org's developers-apps-products in csv in one go, but there is no mechanism to import it back.

@Barkha you can actually use the tool to import once you have the csv. It was originally designed off a csv based model because of pagination issues. IF you check the read.me it should have the steps to complete the import this way. If you run into an issue, pine me back and I can help.

@Christin Brown

The tool is not working well. So I have started performing each export/import separately..somehow managed to import/export proxies and developers by manipulating Apigee migration tool code, do you know the hack where I can export all the products together in one go if no. of products are more than 1000.

Hi @Barkha - I think there are dependencies between artifacts that prevent export. For example, if you export from the "test" environment, but a particular proxy is deployed only in the "prod" environment, that proxy won't be exported. And if a product includes only that proxy, the product won't get exported.

I'd recommend trying export one environment at a time. For example, export everything from the "test"environment, then import into the new org's "test" (or whatever) environment. After that, delete everything in the /data directory. Then export everything from the "prod" environment (or whatever environments you have), and import into the target environment.

You could also export one environment at a time, and after each export move the /data directory to a temp location or rename it before exporting the next environment. If you do that, you'll get a better sense of how many total artifacts got exported before importing into the new environment (one data directory at a time).

Hope that makes sense/helps. The tool isn't perfect, but that process may help.

@Floyd Jones Floyd thanks for the inputs, I have been following the same strategy..had to undergo code tweaks, tricks and manual process. proceeding further, do u know exactly where the developer wise used quota count is stored for each proxy? since the quota is getting reset in new org after import process. how can we migrate them from one org to other?

Hi @Barkha - Unfortunately, the quota counts won't get migrated (I believe the current count is stored in Cassandra). Counts will have to start from scratch in the new org. Sorry there's not a better story for that!

yes I had to implement a hack to reset the count 😞