Getting 403 on: "Add Multiple Resource Permissions for Resource"

Not applicable

Hi,

I am getting a constant 403 error while trying to POST a user role permissions JSON using the Add Multiple Resource Permissions for Resource API.

I already have a custom role created, for example, 'team1'.

I then use the exact same role permissions JSON payload I received when I performed a GET /userroles/team1/permissions call.

But it constantly gives me a 403.

The idea was, we would template the complete custom role permissions definition and use it to autocreate roles when required through an internal self-service process.

But at the moment, it doesn't work. I have tried removing the "organization" key:value entries from the JSON payload, trying to mimick the example in the API definition online but it still doesn't work.

I am using my Org Admin account so there shouldn't be a permission issue.

Any advice would be appriciated. Attached is the example JSON payload I'm trying.

team1json.txt

0 2 291
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

UPDATE:

I've found that it does work if I omit the following:

{
      "path": "/environments/*/virtualhosts/*",
      "permissions": [
        "get"
      ]
    },
    {
      "path": "/environments/*/virtualhosts",
        "get"
      ]
    },
    {
      "path": "/environments/*",
        "get"
      ]
    },
    {
      "path": "/environments",
        "get"
      ]
    }	

Not sure why that is -- its the same details that came from the role GET command.

Not applicable

Thought I'd add to this as I have faced the same issue recently.

The answer to this is here: https://community.apigee.com/questions/46043/403-forbidden-error-while-assigning-environments-r.html.

I believe the issue is only the environment level access; i.e. "/environments" and "/environments/*". Provisioning the virtual hosts path does not return the 403 for me.