Cannot update a Smartdocs model's hbr template through model's Settings page

I was able to upload a custom SmartDocs method template in the "Configuration -> SmartDocs" screen. And after I created a new model I was able to see the new template being used for that model.

However, it doesn't work when I try to upload that same custom template to previously defined models. I'm going to "Content -> SmartDocs -> {MYMODEL} -> Settings".

Once there, I can see the old, default SmartDocs hbr template. I copy and paste my custom hbr template into the textbox, click save, and it says "The template authentication schemes have been saved." .....nothing about the template being saved....

Why can't I upload and save a custom hbr template in this spot?

5992-screen-shot-2017-11-22-at-93354-am.png

Solved Solved
0 9 567
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It turns out the Adminimal theme was hiding the button.

I went to Adminimal under appearance and turned off the "Sticky form actions":

6033-screen-shot-2017-11-29-at-102159-am.png

Now I can see both buttons on the model settings screen:

6034-screen-shot-2017-11-29-at-102316-am.png

What was happening was both sets of buttons were being converted to "sticky actions" and then one would get stickied on top of the other.

Weirdness...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jaywanttopno
Participant III

Hi @Jack Petraitis

The base structure of smartdocs comes from custom module location: profiles\apigee\modules\custom\devconnect\smartdocs\templates\smartdocs.hbr file eventhough you face the same problem then

1.Try to clear the Page Cache

2.Try to clear Browser Cache

@Jack Petraitis , You just need to clear Drupal Caches to see changes.

• Use Admin Menu on top of screen
  • Hover on home icon in the beginning
  • Flush all caches.

Unfortunately, after I clear Drupal Caches I still see the old smartdocs.hbr template loaded for my method details screens.

@Anil Sagar I've seen some screenshots on the Apigee docs that are similar to mine above, but they have the option to "Save Template". Is that still possible from within the "Content -> SmartDocs -> {MYMODEL} -> Settings" pages? Or is that feature deprecated?

I saved a template using this screen today so it is possible. I must say I haven't found a fool proof way to get the updates to show. Clearing the cache doesn't always do the trick.

6021-capture.png

@Anil Sagar Any idea why I can't see the "Save template" button on our "Content -> SmartDocs -> {MYMODEL} -> Settings" screens?

Oh WOW. I actually was able to find my button. It turns out it was BEHIND the "Save template authentication schemes" button. Check it out here in this screenshot:

6022-screen-shot-2017-11-28-at-111755-am.png

Apologies for the code snippet, but I wanted to show the DOM.

After I exposed this button, I was able to enter a new Method template, click Save, and the Model's method details page showed my updated changes. Now...how should I go about fixing this permanently? I could do it with CSS, but I feel it should be addressed in an update for the SmartDocs module that creates this screen.

It turns out the Adminimal theme was hiding the button.

I went to Adminimal under appearance and turned off the "Sticky form actions":

6033-screen-shot-2017-11-29-at-102159-am.png

Now I can see both buttons on the model settings screen:

6034-screen-shot-2017-11-29-at-102316-am.png

What was happening was both sets of buttons were being converted to "sticky actions" and then one would get stickied on top of the other.

Weirdness...

Check your theme settings 'adminimal responsive' and ensure that sticky tabs or buttons isn't checked. Play around with those settings. They cause buttons to disappear. OR..to be sure....change the default theme to something different and go back and see if the button is there...and then change it back.