Issue when deploying microgateway Docker image in OpenShift

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a Docker image of the microgateway in a local instance of OpenShift but I get the following error:

5990-screenshot.png

As you see in the image above, the microgateway actually starts correctly (indeed it downloads the public keys, products and config) but, for some reason, right after that, it shuts down immediately, returning the error "Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, unlink '/edgemicro.sock'".

The problem is for sure not in the Docker image as if I deploy it in a Docker container, it works without issues.

Does anyone have experience in deploying the microgateway in OpenShift and knows what's causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Davide

2 7 594
7 REPLIES 7

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hello Davide, I have run MG in k8s (GKE) and I don't see any problem. Can you please add "export DEBUG=*" to your Dockerfile, build the image and try again? I'd like to see the debug output. I think something else is happening.

Hello,

The debug seems already active (see Dockerfile content below):

FROM node:slim
ARG ADMINUSER=someuser
ARG ADMINPASSWORD=somepassword
ARG ORG=someorg
ARG ENV=someenv
ARG KEY=somekey
ARG SECRET=somesecret
RUN npm install -g edgemicro
RUN edgemicro init
RUN export EDGEMICRO_ORG=$ORG
RUN export EDGEMICRO_ENV=$ENV
RUN export EDGEMICRO_KEY=$KEY
RUN export EDGEMICRO_SECRET=$SECRET
RUN export DEBUG=*
COPY $ORG-$ENV-config.yaml /root/.edgemicro
# copy tls files if needed
# COPY key.pem /root/.edgemicro
# COPY cert.pem /root/.edgemicro
CMD ["/bin/bash", "-c","edgemicro start"]
EXPOSE 8000

Former Community Member
Not applicable

was EXPOSE 800 a typo? Anything less than 1024 is a privileged port - is it not? Did you mean 8000? Also strange that debug output is not shown in the screenshot.

Yes, 800 is a copy/paste typo. It is 8000 in the actual file.

How the debug output should look like?

I cloned the https://github.com/srinandan/apigee-edgemicro-docker repo, and haven't changed the Dockerfile since, so I don't know why there is no debug output in the screenshot.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

The unlink of file is a red herring. The error we want to get details on is the "null" that appears under "PROCESS PID : 1". The unlink is happening as part of the shutdown procedure. Let me see if I can reproduce this error in GKE.

Ok thanks a lot

Former Community Member
Not applicable

I just ran the whole setup on GKE (Kubernetes Cluster) on v1.7.8. It worked fine. I will publish a repo soon with the scripts.