Concurrent rate limit: How to get value to count parameter from variable

Not applicable

Hi

Is there any way we can configure concurrent rate limit policy count value from any parameter like KVM?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<ConcurrentRatelimit async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="OverAllRateLimit">

<DisplayName>OverAllRateLimit</DisplayName>

<AllowConnections count="10" ttl="1"/>

<Distributed>true</Distributed>

<StrictOnTtl>true</StrictOnTtl>

<TargetIdentifier name="default"/>

</ConcurrentRatelimit>

In quota policy we can configure count to any variable

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Quota async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="AuthRateLimit"> <DisplayName>AuthRateLimit</DisplayName>

<Properties/>

<Allow countRef="userRateLimitCount"/>

<Interval ref="request.header.quota_count">1</Interval>

<Distributed>true</Distributed>

<Synchronous>true</Synchronous>

<TimeUnit ref="request.header.quota_timeout">minute</TimeUnit>

Is there any similar way we can get value from KVM(variable) to count parameter in concurrent rate limit?

1 3 308
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

@Shanish kp, i think dynamically configuring the count variable is not possible. We tried it, and the proxy was not getting deployed, it was throwing an error.

But im curious to know, why we need to put this attribute in a KVM. According to my understanding, these attributes should remain the same for any backend service which Apigee is trying to hit.

@Raunak Narooka

I have requirement like transaction can come from different users. I have used quota policy to control number of transaction from user where I can configure from KVM as I mentioned above

And I have put concurrent rate limit to control over all transaction .

Ex : per user I have made it as 5 TPS(Quota policy)and over all 10 TPS(concurrent rate limit) . So if in case in future if I need to change over all count from 10 without changing code and redeployment , I was trying to put the count from KVM in concurrent rate policy .

Ok, I think variables cannot be used in concurrent rate limit policy.

@Dino, am I right?