Proxy chaining for HTTP calls made from JavaScript

Currently, we are aware of proxy chaining for proxies which call other proxies internally. Proxy Chaining is possible on TargetEndpoint and in ServiceCallout policy. But some calls for logging are made Async via JavaScript httpClient since ServiceCallout does not support Async calls.

Also, we handle complex logic in JavaScript which cannot be done via ServiceCallout. Is there a way to do Proxy Chaining on JavaScript policies and from Node.js modules?

Solved Solved
0 3 815
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately as of now we cannot implement proxy chaining using JaveScript or Node.js. The engineering team at Apigee is looking at making it possible to chain proxies from within JavaScript. But that feature is not yet available, and we have no ETA on when it will be made available.

For now you need to take one of these approaches:

1. Chain to local proxies with the ServiceCallout or with regular proxy targets (which means no looping), OR
2. Build the remote proxy to handle a batch of requests, and invoke it just once from JS, OR
3. Call to the other proxy from JS in a loop, using the external URL.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately as of now we cannot implement proxy chaining using JaveScript or Node.js. The engineering team at Apigee is looking at making it possible to chain proxies from within JavaScript. But that feature is not yet available, and we have no ETA on when it will be made available.

For now you need to take one of these approaches:

1. Chain to local proxies with the ServiceCallout or with regular proxy targets (which means no looping), OR
2. Build the remote proxy to handle a batch of requests, and invoke it just once from JS, OR
3. Call to the other proxy from JS in a loop, using the external URL.

Hope this helps.

Any update on this?

I have heard that there is a set up to avail SSL certificate for websites for free. Can anyone suggest me the tutorial explaining the process? I will appreciate!