Customizing a theme by creating a sub-theme

Follow the same steps provided in the documentation for customization of the theme in the below URL.

https://docs.apigee.com/developer-services/content/customizing-theme

My custom theme is not displaying in the the apperance section in the developer portal

0 4 286
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @surendra babu kapuluru

Try clearing your Drupal caches first. To do that, go to Configuration -> Development -> Performance and click on the "Clear all caches" button. Check again to see if your sub-theme shows up.

If not, we can help you solve this. Please tell us a little more about what changes you did. What base theme you copied, and where? Maybe a couple images or snippets of code could help.

Please keep us posted,

Regards.

Not applicable

Have you populated your 'my_theme.css' file ? If not everything comes from the Apigee responsive theme's style.css as the parent.

You can also use developer tools to see if your CSS is showing anywhere.

If it's appearing, my theme screen shot is not

5953-theme-before-and-after.png

appearing and layout got messed up.

Attached image for your reference.

Help me steps to follow and how to add bootstrap carousel

Not applicable

The theme should display in the administration based solely on the presence of a <your-theme-name>.info file (located in the sites/all/themes/<your-theme-name> directory).

If your theme is showing up on the appearance administration page, but simply not looking correct, it's usually because the css files are not being correctly loaded. stylesheets can be loaded in the .info file (look for a stylesheets object in the apigee_responsive.info file. Should look something like this (subbing in the name of your css file):

stylesheets[all][] = css/style.css

If your stylesheets are getting loaded correctly, it can also be that the Dev Portal is attempting to aggregate the files and failing to write the files. This often happens if your tmp directory or files directory doesn't have accurate permissions. You can go to admin/config/media/file-system and validate that all the directories are correctly writable.

Feel free to keep providing information, and I'm sure we can get things working correctly.