Deprecated async attribute on policy XML structure

sydub7
Participant IV

While going through documentation, its always mentioned that aync attribute is deprecated. I am still curious what it used to do ? and why its been deprecated now ?

Also I could not find any information on the <properties/> while going though Traffic Management policies. Is this deprecated too ? if not, how its used ?

Thank You in Advance.

Solved Solved
0 2 316
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

the async attribute is extraneous; it's no longer effective. It has no effect.

The Properties element is used on some policies but not others; confoundingly, that element gets populated in many policy configurations even though it is meaningless.

When in doubt, trust the docs. If the docs do not mention the Properties element, then it has no effect on the policy.

We're working on always omitting that element, and other extraneous elements and attributes, from policy configurations in all cases.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

the async attribute is extraneous; it's no longer effective. It has no effect.

The Properties element is used on some policies but not others; confoundingly, that element gets populated in many policy configurations even though it is meaningless.

When in doubt, trust the docs. If the docs do not mention the Properties element, then it has no effect on the policy.

We're working on always omitting that element, and other extraneous elements and attributes, from policy configurations in all cases.

Thanks a lot @Dino for addressing my questions.