Request Entity Too Large error in HTTP Get request

Not applicable

I am getting below error while passing 100 query parameter (ids) in the request.

<h1>Bad Message 413</h1>

<pre>reason: Request Entity Too Large</pre>

id = trn:doc:unique:key:uuid:1f7f5ccd-e154-49f2-8760-fc409393e0d8.

0 4 1,690
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

@Anil Sagar

I have tried setting below conf but no luck

HTTP.request.line.limit=4k
HTTP.request.header.limit=8k

You have not described your scenario clearly, and because of that, we cannot help you.

The request is sent from where to where? Is Apigee Edge involved? if so, Apigee Edge Saas or OPDK ? if the latter, What version?

What does the GET request look like? Beyond 100 ids, I mean. How long is the URL, exactly?

Have you done any analysis to try to determine where the 413 status is coming from?

Have you done any analysis to determine where the breakpoint is? Does a 100-character URI get rejected? 200 chars? 512? 1024? Where's the break point?

Has this ever worked?

We need much more context to have any possibility of offering help.

@Dino Thanks for looking into this issue. I am sending the request via Apigee Edge Saas. Total 7937 characters = 7.75 KB.

Yes, I have analyzed that if requesting 96 ids =7625 characters = 7.45 KB then able to get the response. It's failing if passing more than 96 ids in the request. 413 response code is getting returned from Apigee itself as I am not returning it from the application.

It's working with Akamai but planning to move to Apigee.

Passing 100 query parameters sounds like a bad solution to me. I will recommend change it to a POST operation and pass the parameters in body.