Unused proxy details

Is there a way to find all the proxies within an organization does not any traffic or are unused for a particular period of time? This can helpful to find unused proxies and to remove them.

Solved Solved
0 5 525
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please note that there is no API to determine unused API Proxies as such.

I think the best way to determine the API Proxies that are unused would be to check the Analytics "Proxy Performance" dashboard.

1. Go to Analytics "Proxy Performance" dashboard and select "Custom" tab and select the last 15 days and note down the API Proxies on which there was traffic.
(For ex: Let's say you selected the duration Oct 1 - Oct 12)

2. Repeat the step 1 by selecting the previous 15 days.
(For ex: Now select the duration as Sep 16 - Sep30, followed by Sep 1 - Sep 15)

3. You can choose the total duration as 1 month, 2 months, 3 months or 6 months. This will help you to know if a particular API Proxy has not been used for that duration and you can go ahead and delete such API Proxies.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Please note that there is no API to determine unused API Proxies as such.

I think the best way to determine the API Proxies that are unused would be to check the Analytics "Proxy Performance" dashboard.

1. Go to Analytics "Proxy Performance" dashboard and select "Custom" tab and select the last 15 days and note down the API Proxies on which there was traffic.
(For ex: Let's say you selected the duration Oct 1 - Oct 12)

2. Repeat the step 1 by selecting the previous 15 days.
(For ex: Now select the duration as Sep 16 - Sep30, followed by Sep 1 - Sep 15)

3. You can choose the total duration as 1 month, 2 months, 3 months or 6 months. This will help you to know if a particular API Proxy has not been used for that duration and you can go ahead and delete such API Proxies.

I found that there's a tool developed to determine that API Proxies that did not have traffic for X number of days. You can use this tool to identify the API Proxies that did not have traffic for X number of days (for ex: 90 days) in your org for a specific environment or all environments.

I did run the tool and verified that it gives the proper information for one of the API Proxies.
Here's the link for the tool:
https://github.com/apigeecs/ApigeeBundleReaper

The link has README and steps how to use this tool.

Note:
1. Read the instructions carefully and run the tool with appropriate options and values.
2. You need to pass your Edge credentials as "Basic <auth>".
3. Also do note that this tool does not have an active support team to fix any issues etc.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for spreading this tool 🙂

Hi @akashtp, Need your help in running this utility. I'm facing issues & not able to get the output from the mentioned tool. 

For Apigee X you can use this simple script: Listing Apigee X deployed proxies that have no traffic