Smartdocs Forum Integrations

Not applicable

Hi,

Is there any way to accomplish integration with SmartDocs forum when a new post is made or a post is answered

I tried to create an integration of SmartDocs with slack.

Thanks

Solved Solved
1 7 510
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @cassio.thadeu ,

Yes, It's possible. Drupal SmartDocs contents are Drupal Nodes. You can use Drupal Slack module to integrate Smartdocs with Slack.

We don't support this out of the box. But, You can write a small custom module which integrates slack with Apigee SmartDocs in your developer portal using above slack module & custom module.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Dear @cassio.thadeu ,

Yes, It's possible. Drupal SmartDocs contents are Drupal Nodes. You can use Drupal Slack module to integrate Smartdocs with Slack.

We don't support this out of the box. But, You can write a small custom module which integrates slack with Apigee SmartDocs in your developer portal using above slack module & custom module.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Thanks Anil Sagar,

I am logged how administrator in SmartDocs portal, but in the modules page, i don't have any option to install this module, do you know when i can perform the installation of this module?

Dear @cassio.thadeu ,

Unfortunately, In Free version of developer portal you don't get access to code base of developer portal & you can't install any new modules.

If you are a paid customer of Apigee, Please contact support to get codebase access to install new modules.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Dear Anil Sagar,

I performed the installation of Slack module, I configured and I test sending a message to my slack, but didn't found any place where is possible to configure the notification in slack when new post or comment is created in forum, is there some place where can configure it?

Dear @cassio.thadeu ,

Slack has rules integration. You need install rules module too. Create a new rule saying if a SmartDocs content is posted then send a slack message. Something like that.

If rules integration doesn't solve your problem, then you need to write a custom module which talks to Slack & SmartDocs module. Writing a custom module needs Drupal Module Development expertise. You need to use Drupal hooks to integrate both modules.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Dear Anil Sagar,

It Works!!!

Thanks for your help

@cassio.thadeu

Glad issue is resolved, You can click accept link below the answer so that it will be helpful for others too.