Need to display lengthy query parameter value in the UI or upon onclick

Hello,

For one of the APIs in our Dev portal (Apigee-Drupal based) , we need to pass either :

1. Query parameter say (param1) which intakes an lengthy xml string as input

I have tried defining it as query parameter in the Swagger(yaml & json version) but the problem is, in the Dev portal UI, the text box of the query param value field is too small and as a user I wont be able to view/edit this long xml string on the fly - screenshot attached (currentUI.png)

(or)

2. Send this xml string as form-url-encoded parameter in the request body (its a POST request)

Tried defining it as body parameter but there's some issues in displaying xml input string and the form-url-encode on body parameter doesn't seem to work. Code snippet attached (codesnippet_form-urlencode.json)

Preferred experience would be like something similar to Postman RESTClient in which, when we click on the param value, the value field box gets expanded (Eg: referenceUI.png). I'm guessing this may need some UI template change. Please let me know a better way to implement this common behavior.

currenui.pngreferenceui.png

Thanks,

0 3 127
3 REPLIES 3

Any help with this please?

I will let a DevPortal expert answer the UI customization part, but it is worth revisiting the API design if you are intending to accept XML as a query parameter.

If a backend requires XML Apigee could help convert a non-XML input into XML for the backend.

Thanks Madhan for the update. Yeah the xml string query param value probably will be going away with the Apigee API routing but for now we need to live with this.