Approval Workflow in Apigee Edge.

Hi,

We have a portal that is built on Restful APIs. We now want to introduce a new functionality around "approval workflows" into the portal however the backend services do not have such a capability. Could you tell me if APIGEE can offer this capability (even in basic form)?

E.g.,:

A successfully authenticated and authorized user placed an order on the portal. We need this order to be approved by the supervisor before it is fulfilled.

In case APIGEE does not have such capability, please do recommend other third party services/APIs or tools. thank you

0 3 675
3 REPLIES 3

@VikashKodati I am not sure what type of portal you are referring to this in scenario ? It does not sound like a developer portal. IF you could be more specific that would help us to answer if the capability you are looking for is a part of the platform.

estebansp
Participant II

Hi @VikashKodati

I'm not sure if there's something already built-in; but I think the Approval Workflow you want to implement can be done with BaaS.

It might require a little work, but BaaS has everything you need to build such workflow. It has datastore with collections and entities; it has users; and it even has push notifications, which you could leverage to let supervisors know when an order needs approval, and/or let your users know when the order is fulfilled.

If you want to learn more about BaaS, there's a lot of information here. There's also a couple great webcasts here and here.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

Regards!

@VikashKodatiPlease also check State Machine module in drupal 8.