Edge management server installation failed(Unable to get UUID from management server)

Not applicable

Hi Team,

I am working on Apigee on premises installation. I installed Edge setup utility successfully.

Now Working on Installation of Edge components on a single node by giving the following command:

"/opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p aio -f /usr/local/myConfig"

But I am facing error as : "Unable to get UUID from management server"

Here I am attaching the screenshot for it.screenshot-from-2017-11-01-13-59-40.png

Thanks in advance,

0 6 1,332
6 REPLIES 6

@A.Anu Manasa does hostname -i return the node's public ip ? and is there antivirus or firewall running on your instance. The screenshot looks as though it can't connect on port 8080 so reverting to localhost loopback.

Not applicable

There could be multiple options on this issue:

1) selinux or iptable could be blocking connectivity. Make sure those are disable or permissible.

2) Management server failed to install/start due to problem with Zookeeper. This could be the result of lack of entropy on the system. You can check this by executing the following command:

cat /dev/random

Anything other than an immediate (zero-delay) response may indicate a problem with random generation and that could impact Zookeeper.

If random is the issue follow steps I suggested here:

https://community.apigee.com/questions/39287/error-installing-management-server-management-serv.html

samuelucich
Participant IV

Hi,

I've run into the same error. The rng-tools install did not fix it. Have you any advice on a solution?

Thanks, Sam

samuelucich
Participant IV

This same error occurred in my AOI install, I tried a bunch of things, but I never resolved it.

I ended up tearing down everything, and reinstalling, then things worked. I did this, as 'root' user:

# yum remove apigee*
# rm -rf /opt/apigee/data/*
# rm -rf /tmp/bootstrap.sh
# yum clean all
# curl -s https://software.apigee.com/bootstrap_4.17.09.sh -o /tmp/bootstrap_4.17.09.sh
# bash /tmp/bootstrap_4.17.09.sh apigeeuser=xxxx apigeepassword=xxxx
# /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service apigee-setup install
# cd /tmp
# /opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p aio -f sa_silent_config.txt

Not applicable

Similar issue I was facing in apigee 4.18.01 private cloud installation in 3 and 9-host clusters. I had to enable webproxy for dependency resolution. then UUID was failing. There I had to terminate the installation, disable webproxy and reinstall the component. Then everything worked smoothly.

We had the same issue turns out that the license.txt file we used was corrupted.

/opt/apigee/var/log/edge-management-server/logs/system.log showed

2018-09-11 01:52:59,134 org: env: target: contextId: action: main ERROR SERVICE.LICENSE - CryptoUtilsImpl.decrypt() : Corrupt license file found

javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Decryption error

Replaced the file with correct one fixed the issue.