API Proxy default proxy base path order, resolution, and conflicts

Not applicable

I am trying to understand how proxy base paths are resolved relative to each other and the consequences of choices in proxy creation.

Scenario 1: I have two proxies A and B that both have the base path "/". The are deployed to the same environment E. They also have the same resource "/*". I assume this is some kind of conflict. Does one always resolve to handle the task or is the behavior undefined?

Scenario 2: I have two proxies A and B that both have the base path "/" and the same resource "/*". Proxy A is deployed in environment EA and proxy EB is deployed in environment B. Will this have a conflict or does it work ok because they are deployed to separate environments?

Scenario 3: I have two proxies A and B with the base path of "/" and deployed to the same environment E. However, proxy A has resource "R1/*" and proxy B has resource "R2/*". Does resolution properly match to the correct resource? Or is there a conflict/undefined behavior due to the base path?

Solved Solved
0 3 1,409
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Scenario 1 would result in classification errors

Scenario 2 would work because they are deployed to different environements

Scenario 3 would also result in classification errors

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

This has been forwarded internally to Engineering for a definitive response. I'll post a reply as soon as I hear back.

Not applicable

Scenario 1 would result in classification errors

Scenario 2 would work because they are deployed to different environements

Scenario 3 would also result in classification errors

Not applicable

Thank you very much! This was very helpful!