API development for PrestaShop blog module

Not applicable

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I have an e-commerce website based on Prestashop, recently I installed a blog module, this is the module: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/blog-forum-new/25908-blog.html to the site. It works perfectly on the site

However now I want to develop an API so any website with specific permissions can retrieve the module data and integrate with their website.

My partner introduced apigee to me, looks like apigee is the best solution for cross API, can it help me? And how can I start with it?

Thanks for the advice

1 1 1,315
1 REPLY 1

Apigee Edge is a platform for managing APIs.

• If you have a custom API you've already developed, and you would like to add some management around it, for example OAuth2 token verification, or quota enforcement, or spike arrest, or analytics collection and visualization, then Apigee Edge can help you do that.
  • If you are building an API in NodeJS, then you may wish to host the API in Apigee Edge. There are several options here, within Apigee.
  • If you would like to allow multiple apps to connect to an existing API that is not very nice - whether it is custom-developed or an pre-packaged API provided by a third party or packaged app - then Apigee Edge can help you design a "facade" over that existing API, making it easier to use by developers.
  • If you would like to manage connections from a large number of clients and route them to different backend servers based on client identity, or client location, or client profile, ... in other words if you would like to perform "routing" of the API request, then Apigee Edge can help you do that.
  • If you have an API that does not perform caching, then Apigee Edge can act as an intelligent cache.

You said "I want to develop an API". By this statement, I am inferring that you are writing code. You can "develop an API" using any one of a myriad of application platform technologies .... .NET, Java and Spring, Python, PHP, nodejs, golang.... The management of the API is a separate concern from the development of the API.

If you are building an API and don't need any of the features I described above, Apigee Edge may not be for you.