401 with the Apigeetool

Not applicable

I am consistently getting 401 errors when trying to use the apigeetool to push my deployments to the EDGE or listing the deployments. I am on an eval/trial license and only have one account. I can log into that account and manage from the web interface but I cannot see how to deploy all my code through that interface. I prefer to use the command line but if someone can help me figure out how to deploy a full node.js app (node modules and all) I would greatly appreciate it.

Error: HTTP error 401 when trying to list deployments

Error: Get API info returned status 401 when trying to deploy

Solved Solved
0 4 1,359
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

So, the issue ended up being several things. First, I had to ensure that I was not using ES6 syntax like string literals and let/const. Second, I had ghost text in my console that was replacing 1/2 of my password - a reboot and putting my password in quotes fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Hi @Erick Lee,

Can you specify the command which you have used to deploy your node js app into Edge..

apigeetool deploynodeapp -n myNodeApp -d .-m server.js -o myorg -e test -b /myNodeApp -u ntesla -p myPassword

are you specifying any extra command line options to deploy?

Also someone in the community faced a similar issue before..

Here is the link: https://community.apigee.com/questions/8275/apigeetool-deploynodeapp-help-with-node-npm-module.html

But it would be of much help, if you specify the command you are using to deploy, so that we can figure out where are you going wrong

It can be very useful to add -V to the end of your command, to get more verbose logging.

Not applicable

I have just experianced the same issue with apigeetool using this method to deploy

apigeetool deploynodeapp -n myNodeApp -d .-m server.js -o myorg -e test -b /myNodeApp -u ntesla -p myPassword

and managed to successfull deploy my nodejs app by changing environment(-e) from test to prod.

Not applicable

So, the issue ended up being several things. First, I had to ensure that I was not using ES6 syntax like string literals and let/const. Second, I had ghost text in my console that was replacing 1/2 of my password - a reboot and putting my password in quotes fixed the issue.