How to add Environment to an existing role?

Not applicable

There are 3 environments - x, y, and z under one org. There are 2 roles - a & b. A user U is already added to a role a. But role has environment x only. Now user wants to access environment z. How do I add environment z to the existing role a ?

Solved Solved
0 4 97
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ari Dutt , Welcome to Apigee Community !

It's simple, Edit the user role & give access to environment. See screenshot below for same.

5822-anildevportal-apigee.png

Do you know that every functionality that you see in Edge UI is exposed as Management APIs ? You can also assign permissions to roles using Management APIs.

Hope it's helpful. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Ari Dutt , Welcome to Apigee Community !

It's simple, Edit the user role & give access to environment. See screenshot below for same.

5822-anildevportal-apigee.png

Do you know that every functionality that you see in Edge UI is exposed as Management APIs ? You can also assign permissions to roles using Management APIs.

Hope it's helpful. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

Thanks @Anil Sagar . Just a quick question ... So, if I go to each role and I should be seeing all the environments, and I need to just check all the boxes (from API Proxies and All Caches) and then save it. And if I create a new environment, it will automatically appear under each role, and I just need to check those boxes if I want to give access to that environment for that particular role ?

Yes, That's correct. You can also use APIs to automate like mentioned above. Hope it helps.

@Anil Sagar Thanks for the help.