Apigee-edge onpremises installation host issue

I was trying to install apigee aio on a centos vm. My 1st question is it possible to ibstall aio in a vm?

and when I am trying to install the setup file through my configuration file I am facing hostip issues...

when I am writing a configuration file I have given my centos IP address for IP1 and the same reflects to ZooKeeper too.

Note: I have also rechecked by changing the /etc/hosts file with my IP address.

INFO: running setup as root
INFO: changing log location to /tmp/setup-root.log
Using defaults from /tmp/config.txt

Service setup apigee-zookeeper

/opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh: line 354: 127.0.0.1: command not found
apigee-service: apigee-zookeeper: apigee-zookeeper is not running
apigee-configutil: apigee-zookeeper: # OK
apigee-service: apigee-zookeeper: Not running (NO_PIDFILE)
apigee-service: apigee-zookeeper: status=1, continuing
apigee-service: apigee-zookeeper: Not running (DEAD)
apigee-service: apigee-zookeeper: status=3, continuing
apigee-service: apigee-zookeeper: Not running (DEAD)
apigee-service: apigee-zookeeper: apigee-zookeeper is dead
Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 3

help me to drive through it.

0 9 1,389
9 REPLIES 9

@chadalawada venkata harish babu was does hostname -i return ? Yes AIO can be installed in VM, do you prefer K8s or Docker ? check these as well : https://community.apigee.com/articles/42562/apigee-edge-private-cloud-aio-docker-image.html

Thanks for the reply @Christin Brown. hostmae -i returns ::1 127.0.0.1 . I do have a look at docker but by primary goal is to install it in a VM or in a physical machine, but to be honest I don't have an idea about K8s but I come to know that it should have 8cores to do the installation. please guide me for this.

ok so you will run into issue if your hostname resolves to localhost. it needs to resolve to your public ip. I would make sure you have done all the prereqs with selinux and the etc/hosts

@Christin Brown i have disabled and also changed my etc/hosts file to do the installation. I think I just stepped into the installation part and now its getting error like

pigee-configutil: apigee-openldap: # OK
apigee-configutil: apigee-openldap: # OK
apigee-service: apigee-openldap: Not running (NO_PIDFILE)
apigee-service: apigee-openldap: status=1, continuing
apigee-service: apigee-openldap: OK
apigee-service: apigee-openldap: apigee-openldap is running

Set LDAP ROOTDN password

Error: OpenLDAP password could not be changed
Importing ppolicy olcOverlay
ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80)
	additional info: User Schema load failed for attribute "pwdMaxRecordedFailure". Error code 17: attribute type undefined
adding new entry "olcOverlay=ppolicy,olcDatabase={2}bdb,cn=config"

Error: sudo-apigee-service: ldapadd exited with unexpected status 80
Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 80

now its started a little but yet a lot to do

Hi @chadalawada venkata harish babu did you resolve this issue ? I have the same error when I'm doing my AIO installation. Can you please your finding.

ERROR:-

9614-zk-error.png

You have clearly IPV6 and IPV4 addresses returned with hostname -i

See reference: https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.19.06/edge-configuration-file-reference

# When "hostname -i" returns multiple IP addresses,# set to "y", to have the installer prompt you to select the IP address to use.
ENABLE_DYNAMIC_HOSTIP=n

anerimasi
Participant I

I am seeing this same issue as well. Am not doing an AIO installation, but installing ds on a node.
My hostname is resolving to the private ip, not public ip - does that matter?
Also, if I uninstall zk and try again, it works. This is baffling

It can be that you have multiple IP adresses, and zookeeper quorum will not like that;

See reference: https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.19.06/edge-configuration-file-reference

# When "hostname -i" returns multiple IP addresses,# set to "y", to have the installer prompt you to select the IP address to use.
ENABLE_DYNAMIC_HOSTIP=n

Thanks Denis!

I did check that, it only has one IP.

The issue was with selinux - I am installing on centos7 and I needed to reboot after disabling selinux. After reboot, installation worked.