Analytics/Reports Timeout for duration longer than 1 HR

Not applicable

I am trying to run a custom report to report "Sum of Traffic by Developer App, Product, Proxy" for a duration of 1 Week and it timed out. Tried it multiple times adjusting the duration down and the only one that works without a timeout is '1 Hr' duration. I have set my aggregation level to 1 Day on all attempts and it still doesn't work. This is on prem Apigee environment. I have asked our admins and they indicated that the same problem exists for most any report they try to create as well.

What could be causing it? How can we get around it?

0 5 359
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

@Rajeev Chinnapareddy,

This shouldn't be the case. Analytics UI provides to select range of 15 days to retrieve data.

Couple of points:

1. Confirm that hardware configuration of Analytics servers is the same as recommended one.

2. Based on your observation, what's the approximate timeout duration?

@Rajeev Chinnapareddy at what point does it timeout ? Default UI setting is 6 minutes, if it takes longer than that to retrieve the UI will timeout and is a parameter you can configure. Other piece to check it the IOPS on Postgres ? Also, what version of On premise are you running.

Not applicable

@ Christin Brown , @ rdoda Based on my observation, it's timing out after 2 minutes. The other questions about the versions, I would have to get that information from our admins or Let me know if there is a way to look it up thru Edge UI & I can check that. Thanks

Do you have a rough idea of the TPS rate for your environment? Also, how are the analytics dashboards behaving for duration=1 day or longer?

Not applicable

Did you find any solution to these timeouts? We're facing similar kind of situation with our on-premise (v4.17.09) installation.