Cannot reset dev portal account - token always expired

Not applicable

Hi,

My team has just been provisioned (last week) with a new Dev Portal.

However, whenever any of us attempt to request a new token to reset out password (first time login), the token directs us to the "You token will expire on XXX day" and when we click the blue LOGIN button, it immediately comes up with an error message:

You have tried to use a one-time login link that has either been used or is no longer valid. Please request a new one using the form below.

Is there someone who could tell me what is happening or if we're not following the password reset/forgotten password journey correctly?

Thanks

0 7 554
7 REPLIES 7

Hi - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Can you provide more specifics please? When you attempt to request a new token, specifically what are you doing? Is there a webpage you're visiting? A form you're filling out?

I'm sorry I'm not clear where you are having trouble, exactly. I understand the words but not enough specifics to be able to offer much help. Maybe you could explain a little more.

@Arvind Jain FYI

@a315100 , Welcome to Apigee Community.

I get what you are saying. Do you still see same issue ? If yes, Please send me portal link using Refer button on right side bar.

@Dino , It's about Drupal Developer Portal reset password page form & One time login link.

@a315100, Can you try Copy Paste instead of on clicking URL.

Not applicable

Hi guys,

Well, it's still the same thing. I did another forgot password journey and had an email show up with a clickable token. I copy and pasted it into my browser (Chrome) and it led me to what looks like a "valid" token screen.

5823-2017-10-30-08-16-54-new-apigee-site-reset-password.png

I think click the blue login and it comes to this screen:

5824-2017-10-30-08-17-16-new-apigee-site-user-account.png

So I'm confused as to what I should be doing. It looks like the token is valid but as soon as I try to "log in" -- it rejects me.

Am I not doing it right?

TRY

https://www.drupal.org/project/prlp

if possible share portal url with us

Hi @a315100

It looks like you are following a standard Drupal password reset process. You should not be having that issue, unless that one-time-login is somehow been used before you click on it.

I did a little research, and looks like some email servers crawl your mail and try to fetch a preview of your link, so is presented in your mail.

That would make your one-time-login useless.

So you could try what's been suggested in this thread, by changing the way the one-time-login is sent.

If need help making that suggested change, let me know and i'll help you.

Give it a try, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Esteban S.