issues in dev portal while trying to onboard consumers & creating apps

Hi,

we are facing issues while Developer tried to create app in the developer portal.

Developer is able to register successfully and portal admin activated the user.

But when developer logs in, they see the message as "Your developer status is marked as inactive. Even though the credentials below may appear active, you will not be able to use them until an administrator has activated your account."

This new user created in Dev portal does not show up in Edge.

Developer tried adding new App but portal does not show the product even though product is marked as active and automatic approval type.

Attaching the screenshots for the issues.

Could anyone please provide guidance on the issue.

consumer-view-devportal.jpgadmin-view-devportalscreen.jpgdevportal-myapps-screen.jpgproduct-config-in-edge.jpg

1 6 878
6 REPLIES 6

Hi - hmmm, what you describe does not seem correct. That's frustrating.

Let's back up and cover some basics.

Apigee Edge manages these entities:

• API Products - which wrap up and expose 1 or more API Proxies
  • Developers - people who potentially can signin to the developer portal, and can request API credentials to embed into new apps.
  • Developer Apps - a collection of 1 or more credentials, each of which maps to 1 or more API Products
  • Credential - an API key + Secret (aka consumer key + secret, aka client id+secret).

OK, now it is possible to Approve or Revoke access at various levels :

• it is possible to revoke or approve an individual credential.
  • it is possible to revoke or approve a Developer app (= 1 or more credentials)
  • it is possible to revoke (aka mark inactive) or approve (mark active) a developer. This invalidates all credentials in all apps associated to the developer.

The message you are seeing says that the last case is applicable - the Developer is marked inactive. How or why that might be, I do not know. The way you can investigate this ... inquire the status of the developer. You can use the Edge Admin UI or Edge Admin API to do this. You can also modify the status of the developer in this way. As to WHY you have a developer marked inactive, I don't know... that's a puzzle. Normally you would have to explicitly take an action to mark a developer inactive.

BTW, there is some overlap that can be a little bit confusing, so let me explain a little. There is a developer status that is managed within Edge. There is also the "blocked/active" user status within Drupal. These are independent statuses. The "blocked/active" status within Drupal governs whether the developer can login to Drupal. The active/inactive" status within Edge governs whether the credentials (= api keys, tokens derived from such keys) associated to the Developer will be treated as valid, at runtime, when presented within an API request.

As for why the user created in the dev portal "does not show up in Edge" - that is a real puzzle and I don't understand it. Also I don't understand why the developer adding a new app in the portal, does not see the API Product.

You may need some interactive assistance in order to diagnose all of this. If you have an Apigee Support contract, I'd recommend that you open a Support ticket to ask for assistance. Also, since there's a lot going on here, I'd suggest you take it slowly, one step at a time.

good luck!

@Dino, Thanks for detailing the issue. We checked the developer status in Edge and in Drupal and it shows active. I will raise Support ticket to troubleshoot this further.

Make sure your Portal & Apigee edge is connected by navigating to "admin/config/devconnect" page. You should see connection successful message like below.

1913-screen-shot-2016-02-10-at-95155-am.png

For some reason few users / user is missing in edge, you can manually sync users by navigating to "admin/people" page and click on "Dev Portal developer sync"

1914-screen-shot-2016-02-10-at-95324-am.png

Developer portal is not able to trust self-signed certificate of management API. So, we configured public cert and it is now able to communicate with Edge.

However, for the first time, when the user registers and account is approved by admin, if we navigate to My Apps, it shows below message.

"Your developer status is marked as inactive. Even though the credentials below may appear active, you will not be able to use them until an administrator has activated your account."

After creating an app, this message disappears. Not sure if this is a known defect in devportal.

Hi @Dino-at-Google and @Anil Sagar,
Here I'm also facing the same issue as on version 4.17.09.00 @soujanyaedunuri mention above. Even though the connection is successful with edge organization.Unable to see the Product and Application on dev portal.

I think this is something regarding the sync issue as it occurs randomly, this is the 3rd time I m facing this. I also raised the ticket for this but before that sync was done and I was able to see all my app and product.

Could you please redirect us in a proper way to know exactly whats going on regarding this .?

My issue got resolved today by just following steps mention below,

1. Enable "DEBUG" logging on the dev portal by navigating to Configuration > Dev Portal and selecting Debug under Edge logging threshold. By default, Management API calls are not logged.
2. Reproduce the problem.
3.Access the log by navigating to Reports -> Recent Log Messages.

@soujanyaedunuri you should try this.