openapi specification 3.0 and support of apigee

Not applicable

Swagger editor and swagger-ui now both support OAS 3.0 fully i.e. they also gave you try it out feature, but when I am loading my OAS 3.0 specs in the apigee editor it is not displaying the try it out feature, can anyone tell me when it is going to release or what is the roadmap for this ?

3 24 4,624
24 REPLIES 24

Supporting v3 is something we're planning, but it has implications in different areas of the product. My best guess at this time is that we'll roll out at least some support in early 2018, but that's far enough away that it could change.

Any update to timeline on OPENAPI v3 support?

The plan is still early 2018, hopefully something to see in Q1 but no promises.

Hi,

do you have any latest updates about the release of support for openapi 3.0?

Regards,

Tomasz

Hi, Is there any latest update on this front? What is the latest on openapi v3 support roadmap?

Hi, are there and further updates of the support for openAPI v3?

No updates at this time, but we are working on it.

I have clients very interested in knowing when Apigee Edge UI will support OpenAPI 3.0

Any updates? If not what is an alternative?

Any update on openAPI 3.0 support in Apigee edge ?

Apigge does not seem to take the issue seriously:-/

Please come up with a plan for supporting openAPI 3.0.

We announced support for v3 in the beta version of SmartDocs: https://apigee.com/about/blog/api-technology/announcing-enhancements-apigee-integrated-developer-por...

That's just the first part to arrive--there will be more to come.

any update on supporting Open API 3.0

Not applicable

any update on open API 3.0 support in Apigee edge ?

Not applicable

We badly need OpenAPI version 3.0.0 support. It is 2018. using swagger v2 for new projects seems wrong.

haziqhaziq
Participant I

I also need OpenAPI version 3.0.0 and we tried creating the spec on it in Apigee. I am able to successfully create the whole spec and able to put it on Apigee portal as well.openapi300-apigee.jpg

Yeah. This is supported. But my comment is misleading(pardon me). What is not supported is that you cant create API proxy based on the already defined specs in Openapi 3.0. It gives you version not supported issue.

Though this thread was about the "try it" features, may I point out that we released support for proxy creation from an OpenAPI 3.0.x spec.

natuneeraj
Participant I

We are interested in using the security area from OAS3.0 as the 2.0 limits security definitions to Basic, Api Key or Oauth while OAS 3.0 gives much more support I am really excited about the support for Open ID Connect Discovery.

Neeraj, what behavior are you expecting for OpenID Connect in your example?

Not sure yet, still in analysis phase although will be using different JWT claims to grant access to all apis.

deniska
Participant V

OAS 3.0 is now supported, according to the change log of latest Apigee, (new UI only)

https://docs.apigee.com/release/notes/41901-edge-private-cloud-release-notes

Yes, proxy generation from OpenAPI 3.0.x was added to the latest OPDK release for private cloud.

Is OAS 3.0 supported in the integrated developer portal?

I have the same question