Is it possible to completely delete policy instance from an api proxy revision

Hello,

I deleted some poilicy instances from an api proxy revision by clicking "X" in the circle in the Navigation menu or by using the "Update API Proxy Revision" api with the policy xml files where the policies information was deleted.

But when I renew the develop tab of the api proxy revision on the Edge UI, the deleted policy information is still there.

I know if I save that as a new revison, the policy information is not configured in the new revision.

Why is the specifiation like this?

Is there anyway to completely delete policy instance from an api proxy revision without incrementing the revision?

Thanks.

1 4 493
4 REPLIES 4

@Takuro Oyama,

When you delete a policy from an API Proxy revision,

• The UI gives you the options as Cancel and Detach and Delete.
  • Select Detach and Delete. This ensures that the policy is removed from the API Proxy and also from the appropriate flow.
  • After this, the UI asks you to save the API Proxy.
  • The UI gives you three options - Cancel, Save, Save as New Revision. If you select the Save option, then it saves the changes to the current API Proxy revision itself.
  • If you select Save as New Revision, then it saves the changes in a new revision.

@AMAR DEVEGOWDA

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I know.

>Select Detach and Delete.

>If you select the Save option, then it saves the changes to the current
>API Proxy revision itself.

I did the above operation. But the deleted policy information can be seen in the revision on the Edge UI.

Is it possible to completely delete the policy information in the current revision?

I am testing with Edge for Private Cloud v4.17.01.

Thanks,

@Takuro Oyama,

I tried this on Public Cloud and I was able to remove the policy successfully without having to save it as a new revision. I will check on Private Cloud v4.17.01 and get back to you.

@Takuro Oyama

If you delete a policy from an API Proxy in the Edge UI, then you need to save it as a new revision to have the changes persistent. If you just save as the same revision, then the changes will not be persistent, the policy will reappear.

When you delete any Policy and try to save, you get a dialog box that clearly states this (refer to the screenshot below)

screen-shot-2017-10-29-at-122524-pm.png

So whenever you delete any policy, then you need to save it as a new revision.