Apigee direction on Proxy development

Not applicable

Hi,

Apigee provides multiple ways to develop a proxy - through (1) Apigee Edge UI or (2) locally using XMLs and then deploying it to Apigee Edge with the help of multiple tools.

I was trying to brush up my knowledge and do a little practice on proxy development locally. However, I failed to find any tutorials or guides on the Apigee website regarding the same. Most of the tutorials seems to take you through development through the UI.

Is this the general direction that Apigee wants to push developers towards? i.e. do most of the development through UI?

Are there still any links to tutorials that explicitly help developers working on developing proxies through coding?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ritwik

0 1 335
1 REPLY 1

People generally LEARN the model through the interactive UI, and then download what they've developed to a local development environment. They store their proxy configuration in a source-code version control system, like a git repo. Edit offline, and possibly templatize, and then use something like apigeetool or apigee-edge-js or powershell module to import / deploy via an automated pipeline.

The information on configuration of api proxy bundles, as well as proxy and target endpoints, applies whether you are using the UI or an offline editor to produce the configuration. Likewise, the reference documentation on the policies applies in both cases.