Integration between Oracle EBS and Oracle RightNow using Apigee

Not applicable

I am new to Apigee. I have created a API proxy for the Rest endpoint of Right Now. I cannot able to invoke the Rest endpoint from our database, since it does not support SHA2 with RSA signature algorithm.

It was a showstopper for us. Kindly suggest a suitable approach on this integration.

Thanks in advance.

0 7 553
7 REPLIES 7

@Ashwin kumar is this a free trial org ? have you added certs or tls ?

@Christin Brown I am using Complimentary account. I have created a wallet by exporting the certificate from the browser.

@Ashwin kumar

I would need to see how your are trying to implement your proxy to see where the error is being caused, have you run a trace ? Edge does support sha2.

@Christin Brown I have create a proxy for my rest end point in Apigee using API proxies method. The error occurs in the Oracle database when i am trying to invoke the proxy endpoint created. Apigee supports SHA2 whereas our database supports only SHA1. So there is an incompatibility in the security.

Apigee supports SHA2 whereas our database supports only SHA1.

Can you explain more specifically what you are referring to here? SHA2 and SHA1 are checksum algorithms. You can build logic in Apigee Edge that performs these checksums. But SHA1 and SHA2 are foundational things for other building blocks - for example, you might use SHA1 or SHA2 in an HMAC. Or, you might use SHA1 or SHA2 in a TLS connection. You can use SHA2 in a JWT.

Specifically what are you referring to, when you say "Apigee supports only SHA1" or "Apigee does not support SHA2 with RSA signature algorithm"?

Please be complete and specific.

@Dino

I not aware that there are these many conventions with algorithm but i referred the SHA2 in the TLS connection. Apigee supports SHA2 but our database does not support that alogrithm.

Not applicable

this can be done with sha2 ........ what versions are you running?