How to customize Register and Login links in the header

anton

Hello,

I'd like to change the Register and Login links to buttons, instead of links.

Where can I change it?

Here's how it looks like now:

https://dev-freightosdp.devportal.apigee.io/

Thanks

Anton.

Solved Solved
0 10 295
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anton+Bar , It's simple.

Copy page.tpl.php from "/profiles/apigee/themes/apigee_responsive/templates/pages/page.tpl.php" to "/sites/all/themes/freightos_responsive/templates" folder.

Edit lines 108, 109 to add css classes,

l(t('Register'), 'user/register');

->>>>>>>

l(t('Register'), 'user/register', array('attributes' => array('class' => 'btn')));

l(t('Login'), 'user/login');

->>>>>>>

l(t('Login'), 'user/login', array('attributes' => array('class' => 'btn')));

Push the code & Clear Drupal caches as Developer Portal administrator using admin menu home icon -> Flush All caches link.

Hope it helps.

Strong Suggestion : I suggest to hire a Drupal Expert / Consultant to do above simple changes. It will be cake walk for someone who knows Drupal.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Anton,

Currently, there isn't a way to change the actual html tags from links to buttons, but you can edit the css. Editing the styles may get you what you are after.

Thank you.

@rod , I believe above answer is in context of Light weight developer portal. @Anton+Bar is using drupal based one which is completely flexible to do above changes.

In Apigee Drupal Developer Portal, One will have complete control of look & feel including templates, css, javascript.

@Anton+Bar ,

It's easy actually. You haven't mentioned the end result. What exactly you would like to see by changing the register & login links ?

I want to convert the links to buttons so if there's any chance to put the btn class on them, it would be great

@Anil Sagar Here's what I'll need to achieve, buttons aside, I assume I will have to build a custom home page template - like you explained here: https://community.apigee.com/articles/42838/apigee-drupal-developer-portal-custom-theme-101.html

5790-newportal.png

@Anton+Bar , You know the answer then 🙂 Keep us posted in case if you see any issues.

Strong Suggestion : I suggest to hire a Drupal Expert / Consultant with css expertise to do above simple theme changes. It will be cake walk for someone who knows Drupal. It should not take more than 16 hours to completely customize the look & feel with professional quality.

@Anton+Bar , It's simple.

Copy page.tpl.php from "/profiles/apigee/themes/apigee_responsive/templates/pages/page.tpl.php" to "/sites/all/themes/freightos_responsive/templates" folder.

Edit lines 108, 109 to add css classes,

l(t('Register'), 'user/register');

->>>>>>>

l(t('Register'), 'user/register', array('attributes' => array('class' => 'btn')));

l(t('Login'), 'user/login');

->>>>>>>

l(t('Login'), 'user/login', array('attributes' => array('class' => 'btn')));

Push the code & Clear Drupal caches as Developer Portal administrator using admin menu home icon -> Flush All caches link.

Hope it helps.

Strong Suggestion : I suggest to hire a Drupal Expert / Consultant to do above simple changes. It will be cake walk for someone who knows Drupal.

@Anil Sagar - thanks a bunch. re hiring a freelancer - will I have to give that person an access to Drupal and Pantheon? Or will I need to extract the code and the DB and send both to the dev?

You can give him pantheon instance access. Ask him to have steps of config changes that he is doing documented or own the migration to prod environment. Most of the Drupal Devs are familiar with pantheon workflows or they can figure out quickly.

Important : Have backups using pantheon before moving changes between environments.