Apigee Audit Log API are giving empty () as response ?

Not applicable

Apigee Audit Log API are not resulting any response, we are getting {} as response.This is a fresh installation, as we understand these are default API's by Apigee but still no response.

Please clarify on the below

Is this need to be configured?

Can we disable these API? If yes will check if these are disabled

I need a custom role just to access only Audit Logs API's

Thanks for your support

0 8 452
8 REPLIES 8

Please show an example of how you are invoking the Audit API. It should look something like this:

curl -i -n "https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/audits/organizations/ORGNAME?startTime=1446513607514&endTime=1449105607514&expand=true"

@Dino I think @satish chandra j is asking from what he is seeing in the log files after initial setup. Have you run any api calls, deployed any proxies in the newly setup org ?

hi @DChiesa  i am trying to extract audit logs based on developer id and i am using 

https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/audits/organizations/{Org}/developers/{Developerid}?startTime=1... but i am getting empty object in the response how to handle this ?

Well I guess you "handle it" by concluding that there are no records for that developer id over the given time frame. But looking at the documentation for that API call, it is telling me that you should use developer email, not developer ID.  Have you tried that? 

Hi @dchiesa1  yes i did but to no avail is their any other way ?

Well I don't know. I think the documented way (Developer email) is the correct way. So I suggest using that. 

Are you suggesting that there were auditable events during the period, and you're not seeing them?  If that's the case then you will need to be more specific about EXACTLY the parameters you are passing to the /v1/audits API. Your URL got chopped , and does not show the query params you are passing.

Please share exact path and component name where you are accessing audit logs.

Have you created an organization yet? Try logging into the Edge UI and go to Admin -> Organization History. Do you see any entries?