Light weight Portal - changes lost

Not applicable

Hi,

I've created a light weight version portal using the template provided with the trial version of Apigee. I've made changes to the theme, created new pages, changed the menu etc. Some changes were very small and others a bit bigger, like a brand new page. I always click publish before navigating between pages, to make sure that my changes are saved. I've noticed a couple of things:

1) The new page and the new menu item that I created did not appear immediately in the page and menu item lists, it was as if I hadn't added them. In some cases they appeared a couple of hours later and in some cases only the following day. This means delays to building the portal.

2) a lot of the changes I've made get reverted back, even after publishing, launching the portal and seeing/using the changes. This is mildly annoying when it's a small chnage that I need to reapply the following day and a lot more annoying when I keep losing my entire new page.

Has anyone had these problems? What am I doing wrong? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 3 203
3 REPLIES 3

Patricia,

We apologize for trouble you are having with the portal. This is the first report of these issues and we are investigating now.

Thanks Rod, after doing some more investigation I think that the issue may be that I'm using IE. I'm working on the same Portal from two different computers, one running IE and the other one Chrome. The issue only happens on IE and I also saw comments on other questions saying that we should only use Chrome or Firefox.

Hi @Patricia Bonisson Caldeira,

You are correct. We don't officially support IE. Here is a list of the supported browsers:
https://docs-new.apigee.com/release-notes#browsers

HTH and apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

Liz