Apigee Edge org user - password expires

I have a apigee edge org user say A with role as 'Organization Admin'. I am trying to reset the password expiry policy of A as never expire using below commands :

(Referred from https://community.apigee.com/articles/21617/have-you-installed-opdk-versions-150x-1601-1605-16.html)

1. echo -e "dn: cn=default,ou=pwpolicies,dc=apigee,dc=com\nchangetype: modify\nreplace: pwdMaxAge\npwdMaxAge: 0\n" > /tmp/max-age-reset.ldif

2. ldapmodify -H ldap://localhost:10389 -W -x -D "cn=manager,dc=apigee,dc=com" -f /tmp/max-age-reset.ldif

3. ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D "cn=manager,dc=apigee,dc=com" -W -b "ou=users,ou=global,dc=apigee,dc=com" (Get the UUID for org user)

4. ldappasswd -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D "cn=manager,dc=apigee,dc=com" -W -S "uid=LDAP_UUID_OF_ACCOUNT,ou=users,ou=global,dc=apigee,dc=com" (Reset the password of the account)

5. vi /tmp/max-age-reset.ldif (change pwdMaxAge to 2592000)

6. ldapmodify -H ldap://localhost:10389 -W -x -D "cn=manager,dc=apigee,dc=com" -f /tmp/max-age-reset.ldif

Issue : Even though after executing above command, the password of A still expires after 30 days.

Please guide.

Solved Solved
0 1 1,103
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, it seems you want to keep a 30-day password expiration policy for everyone except one user. Is that right? And for that one user, you would like a never-expiring password. Is that right?

If so, I suggest you check out the article by Alex.

Maybe also read up on openldap password max-age policies. Here's a good reference.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi, it seems you want to keep a 30-day password expiration policy for everyone except one user. Is that right? And for that one user, you would like a never-expiring password. Is that right?

If so, I suggest you check out the article by Alex.

Maybe also read up on openldap password max-age policies. Here's a good reference.