Unable to Log Messages to Splunk Free Trial Instance

I am trying to log the error messages from Apigee Public Cloud to Splunk free trial instance.

It seems Splunk IP address is dynamic so splunk hostname has been configured in Apigee Message Logging policy.

Splunk host name configured is the host name taken from the Splunk URL(attaching screenshot) & port configured is 2900. I suspect the host name & port name may not be this but not sure where to check hostname in Splunk.

After I run an API Proxy, I do not see the messages logging into Splunk.

Do I need to install Splunk forwarder? If yes, how splunk forwarder can be installed on Apigee Public Cloud?

Thank you for the help.

Solved Solved
0 1 462
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What are you using, in the Apigee API Proxy, to try to log from Apigee Edge to splunk?

Also - the URL in your browser address bar when performing administration on Splunk is not necessarily the same hostname that you must use when sending events to splunk. Double check that. I'm not a Splunk expert, but it seems like an assumption you've made there, that is not valid.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

What are you using, in the Apigee API Proxy, to try to log from Apigee Edge to splunk?

Also - the URL in your browser address bar when performing administration on Splunk is not necessarily the same hostname that you must use when sending events to splunk. Double check that. I'm not a Splunk expert, but it seems like an assumption you've made there, that is not valid.