In what cases is Zookeeper needed for API calls?

Not applicable

We're using OPDK 4.17.01.

About Zookeeper, this article says "About some exceptions, it is NOT required to process API requests." Also, when I took "Edge On-Premises Operational Training", I learned the same way. I would like to know what kind of case Zookeeper needs for API calls.

Solved Solved
0 2 274
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

One of the key config maintained by zookeeper regarding APIs is the revision number and environment mapping. This is required when an MP comes up and needs to know what API revisions it needs to deploy.

Several operations in API runtime traffic like quota, cache, OAuth tokens, KVM etc., are not dependent on zookeeper.

The operations indicated as "exceptions" would be special cases and one need not pay too much attention to it as this could change with releases.

It is probably safe to assume that the traffic from MPs to zookeeper will be minimal and not 1x1 with incoming API traffic.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

One of the key config maintained by zookeeper regarding APIs is the revision number and environment mapping. This is required when an MP comes up and needs to know what API revisions it needs to deploy.

Several operations in API runtime traffic like quota, cache, OAuth tokens, KVM etc., are not dependent on zookeeper.

The operations indicated as "exceptions" would be special cases and one need not pay too much attention to it as this could change with releases.

It is probably safe to assume that the traffic from MPs to zookeeper will be minimal and not 1x1 with incoming API traffic.

@Mukundha Madhavan , thank you for your answer. I understood well.