Json Payload masking and extract payload value in case of application/merge-patch+json Content-Type

Not applicable

All,

Anybody aware about updates in latest apigee release on payload masking and extracting payload value through extract variable policy in case of application/merge-patch+json or any other merge Content-Type?

As far as I am aware these functionalities are not working in case of Merge-patch content-type request. Is there any alternatives to mask payload payload values?

0 5 775
5 REPLIES 5

I don't know of an example to apply a merge-patch+json to an existing document.

But it looks pretty simple. If you give me an example of { original document, merge-patch+json } , I'll code up an example JS callout for you. Or you can write it yourself, starting with something like this to walk the tree.

Thanks for your response Dino.I think you got my question in wrong way.

Actually I am trying to mask the json payload in apigee trace:

e.g.

PATCH www.xyz.com/update/11

{

"username":"abc",

"password1":"123",

"password2":"890"

}

and I want to mask "abc","123","890" in trace while my content-type should be application/merge-patch+json. As per my knowledge right now apigee doesn't support masking if content type is not application/json.

Do you have any idea about latest apigee release when they will start to support masking in this scenario.

I have got a solution for extract variable issue.

Ahhhhh!! I'm clear now. Let me check for you.

EDIT: I've logged a feature request on your behalf. b/67646303 .

Thanks Dino. Is there any way I can check this request progress?

Hi Abishek

Today there is not a way for you to inquire directly. If you have paid support, you CAN open a support ticket, and tie that support ticket to this bug (b/67646303 ). Then you'd be able to contact Apigee Support via that ticket and inquire as to the status of this bug.

It's sort of convoluted, but today that's how it works.

Also depending on the company you're working for and the urgency of the request, you may be able to ask Apigee Support to escalate the priority of the bug to accelerate delivery. It's always difficult to estimate how quickly a bug will get addresse; escalation encourages our engineering team to move things along more quickly.