How to update default analytics data retention and delay so that data pump or disk crash can be reduced

How to update default analytics data retention and delay so that data pump or disk crash can be reduced

Apigee Analytics data filling up faster the default data retention. Need to reduce data retention and add alert when disk is low.

@Anil Sagar

Is there a way to increase/decrease data pipe/retention to disk while dumping analytics data?

1 5 776
5 REPLIES 5

Thank you very much @Anil for immediate response. I swa this page but doesn't have any config setting to increase/set data retention value rather purging data from PSQL.

I'm expecting a config update if possible so that this will not happen in future. I want to slow down data pipe to PSQL.

Any idea about the default data retention value

@ALL can anyone provide where to update/configure the data retention period or what would be the property key in postgresql.properties to be added

@suresh, the purge utility is the master controller for data retention in your postgres database. The purge tool will delete all the api traffic fact data (in what are called table partitions) that is prior to the data retention start window. So if your retention window is 30 days, it will only keep 30 days worth of fact data.

@spadmanabhan, I have the same issue. Just to confirm, do I understand you correctly that you cannot configure a retention period then? And instead you have to periodically purge data using the analytics pruning process linked to above?