Unable to Load Application Using "AccessEntity" Policy

I am trying to collect information about a developer/company application in a proxy (not the application making the proxy call).

I am using an AccessEntity policy to load the application info and then an ExtractVariables policy to grab the value I need.

The ExtractVariables policy fails with the error:

AccessEntity.Load-App message is not available for ExtractVariable

I have done this elsewhere with success, but it has only been for a company or developer entity. What seems to be the failure is my trying to load an "app" entity.

Works:

<AccessEntity async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Load-App">
    <DisplayName>Load App</DisplayName>
    <EntityType value="developer"/>
    <EntityIdentifier ref="appOwner" type="developeremail"/>
</AccessEntity>

Does Not Work:

<AccessEntity async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Load-App">
    <DisplayName>Load App</DisplayName>
    <EntityType value="app"/>
    <EntityIdentifier ref="appName" type="appname"/>
    <SecondaryIdentifier ref="appOwner" type="developeremail"/>
</AccessEntity>
Solved Solved
0 2 403
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tried the exact same policy and it works for me. The only time I did see that error message, was when I either did not supply a value for the appOwner secondary identifier or the value I supplied did not match the developer email on the app. In those cases, the entity is not found, and the result variable is not populated, hence the error from ExtractVariables.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I tried the exact same policy and it works for me. The only time I did see that error message, was when I either did not supply a value for the appOwner secondary identifier or the value I supplied did not match the developer email on the app. In those cases, the entity is not found, and the result variable is not populated, hence the error from ExtractVariables.

Thanks. I really goofed with some of the details outside of the policy itself. Sometimes it just takes a day away and someone else to point out the obvious.