Using smartDoc feature for interactive documentation

Not applicable

We would like to use APIGEE smartDoc feature for interactive documentation for our portal which is Oracle webcenter based one. We have 100+ REST API's for which we need to generate the doumentation using either SmartDoc feature or using Swagger UI and integrate with our portal. Can someone please point to ridiection to inoke the smartDocs from portal?

0 2 266
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, I would like to clarify myself on your goal here.

You would like to use Apigee SmartDocs, but on a different portal. Is that right? You want to use Apigee SmartDocs on your existing portal, which is based on Oracle webcenter. Am I understanding correctly?

SmartDocs is a feature of the Apigee Edge Developer portal. It is not a feature that you can easily extract and use on a different developer portal.

Swagger UI may be more easily integrated into Oracle Webcenter. I don't know exactly what Oracle webcenter is, but assuming it's a portal Framework... it should be not difficult to embed Swagger UI into that portal. If you want to get interactive documentation on an Oracle webcenter portal, I suggest you inquire on a forum that deals with Oracle webcenter.

Thanks for the response Dino..Yes. We would like to use SmartDocs feature in different portal framework. Integrating Swagger in Oracle web center portal platform is the better option. But, most of the content for the APIs are in in the Apigee platform. Just for the documentation feature , thought of not migrating data to another platfrom (Oracale webcentre platform) is not a good option we have now. Fundamental reason is we don' want to use two portals (Apaigee Dev portal & our apigee client portal). So, looking for better cost effective solution..