What parts of the API proxy flow are executed by Apigee router and message processor

Is the Apigee router a load balancer cum traffic interceptor or will it be able to execute certain policies like threat protection/validation etc?

Are the policies defined in the API proxy flow executed in the message processor or the router or both?

Solved Solved
0 7 1,947
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

I have confirmed:

Classification of the request (determining which apiproxy should handle the request) & balancing them between available MP's happens on Router. Policy execution happens on Message Processor.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

I believe that all policies are executed in the message processor but I'm double checking that now with Engineering. I'll post a response as soon as I hear back.

Thanks @Michael Malloy will wait on this. ANother query related to this one, when you configure IP address filter for allowing access or blacklisting certain IPs, is that processed by the router or message processor?

Not applicable

I have confirmed:

Classification of the request (determining which apiproxy should handle the request) & balancing them between available MP's happens on Router. Policy execution happens on Message Processor.

Thanks Michael

Not applicable

Hi Guys

Any response regarding to the IP blacklisting on Apigee Routers?

Thanks,

Reza

Dear @reza.motevallizadeh , Please post it as a new Question with more details. Thank you.