Devportal error: rename and deleting app shows older name of app

Not applicable

Hi,

In the developer portal app gets created properly for available products. Rename of app function works fine as well but when we try to delete the "renamed app" it shows previous name of app in confirmation delete screen instead of new name ?

For instance,

If app is created "test1" and it is later renamed to "test2".

When user tries to delete "test2" it shows name as "test1" during delete confirmation screen.

How can we fix this issue ? Is there any cache which is populating older app name (before renaming) ?

Thanks,

Prathamesh

Solved Solved
0 3 228
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Prathamesh Kelaskar,

When you check the code form devconnect_developer_apps.module, line 1456 prints $entity->name which is machine name. So It looks like it is taking old name. Since it is contributed one, we should not modify this...instead write hook form alter from your custom module for delete form and use $form['#entity']->attributes['DisplayName'] for @name. It should work perfectly.

Dear @apigeeks, I think core has to be updated.

Regards,

Veera

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Prathamesh Kelaskar,

When you check the code form devconnect_developer_apps.module, line 1456 prints $entity->name which is machine name. So It looks like it is taking old name. Since it is contributed one, we should not modify this...instead write hook form alter from your custom module for delete form and use $form['#entity']->attributes['DisplayName'] for @name. It should work perfectly.

Dear @apigeeks, I think core has to be updated.

Regards,

Veera

Thanks Veera,

I was able to get that fix working for me but yes it is something which we need to update in the core code.

Regards,

Prathamesh

llynch

Hi @Veera Prasad anf @Prathamesh Kelaskar,

I'll create a BUG to track this issue. Thanks for sharing/confirming the workaround.

Liz