apigee maven plugin - api proxy deployment using option update

We are using apigee maven deploy plugin to deploy api proxies with option update.

It is not deleting the policies/resources(jsc) which are not in api bundle but was there earlier. Is this the expected behavior.

0 3 317
3 REPLIES 3

HI @Apoorva - I believe you are saying that the new bundle that you are trying to deploy (using update command) should have fewer policies and resource files because you removed them in the soruce. And after the deployment, you still see those policies and files ?

Few things for you to check -

1) Once you run the maven command, please check the target folder and unzip the bundle to see if those files still exist ? If they do, then you need to check your source files

2) If the above did not have those files, then after deployment, please refresh your UI again. It is possible that the page is cached and you see the old ones there. Please go back to some other page and get back or reload the page

Let me know if that helps

Hi @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan,

Yes, I should see fewer policies because I had removed them in source.

1. I checked the target folder - removed policies are not present there.

2. The issue does not seems to be related to cache. I logged in again/refreshed the page and can still see the policy there but it is unattached, I was expecting it to be removed as it is not there in source folder.

Please help.

HI @Apoorva

For such cases, the policy is not deleted from the Edge UI but will not be used. Thats how the mgmt server treats changes. Any policy removal is treated as a new revision. If you have such scenarios where you want that to be a new revision, please use override option in the maven command instead of update. This is an expected behavior