Custom DevPortal With Wordpress

Not applicable

The idea is to create a website(kind of DevPortal) with Wordpress and costumize it such that it can communicates with Apigee. I do not know why this is neccessary since DevPortal exists in Drupal, but that is my assignment.

As much as I know I am suppose to write a wordpress plugin in order to 1) create a developper, 2) make possible a developer to get appid(register application) and retrieve data.

Could please give me some advice, is this a good idea, any documentation I can use, tutorials or anything I can use in order to acomplish this tasks. I will really appreciate any kind of help. Thank you in advance!!!

@Anil Sagar

Solved Solved
1 6 1,223
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, it will be possible to do this.

There is a PHP "SDK" for the Apigee Admin API. I use "SDK" in quotes because it is not really an SDK, but just a wrapper library. This library is included in the Drupal devportal distribution. But it has no dependency on Drupal specifically, and will be usable from any PHP system, including Wordpress.

The wrapper library allows any PHP system to invoke calls on the Apigee Edge Administrative API. This is exactly what you need to :

• create a developer
  • create a developer app for that developer
  • retrieve apps by developer
  • etc

Are you familiar with Wordpress coding? Have you created plugins before? If not, perhaps you can view tutorials on basic wordpress plugins. There are many; search youtube.

I don't know of tutorials to help with the combination of Wordpress and Apigee Edge. But it won't be rocket surgery.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yes, it will be possible to do this.

There is a PHP "SDK" for the Apigee Admin API. I use "SDK" in quotes because it is not really an SDK, but just a wrapper library. This library is included in the Drupal devportal distribution. But it has no dependency on Drupal specifically, and will be usable from any PHP system, including Wordpress.

The wrapper library allows any PHP system to invoke calls on the Apigee Edge Administrative API. This is exactly what you need to :

• create a developer
  • create a developer app for that developer
  • retrieve apps by developer
  • etc

Are you familiar with Wordpress coding? Have you created plugins before? If not, perhaps you can view tutorials on basic wordpress plugins. There are many; search youtube.

I don't know of tutorials to help with the combination of Wordpress and Apigee Edge. But it won't be rocket surgery.

https://github.com/apigee/edge-php-sdk

Is this the SDK you are talking about?

I am not really familiar with the plugins. Fortunatellly Wordpress has a great documentation so I can learn a lot from there!

Thannk you for your answer.

YES, that is the wrapper library.

I have difficulties with the instalation of the sdk.

<?php
// Your organization name
$org = 'my-org';
// API endpoint in Apigee’s cloud
$endpoint = 'https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1';
// Authenticated user for this organization.
// This user should have the ‘devadmin’ (or ‘orgadmin’) role on Edge.
$user = 'poweruser@example.com';
// Password for the above user
$pass = 'i<3apis';
// An array of other connection options
$options = array(
  'http_options' => array(
    'connection_timeout' => 4,
    'timeout' => 4
  )
);

$org_config = new Apigee\Util\OrgConfig($org, $endpoint, $user, $pass, $options);

Where this connection should be made??
@Dino

Hello Dino,

I have managed to install the edge sdk. However I cannot seem to find the proper way to add a developer to apigee. The sample code listed on your github seems to be a 'get' request to modify existing developers. Any guidance will be much appreciated

$developer = new Apigee\ManagementAPI\Developer($org_config);
try {
  $developer->load('dev@gmail.com');
  $developer->setFirstName('John');
  $developer->setLastName('Doe');
  $developer->save();
  print "Developer updated!\n";
}
catch (Apigee\Exceptions\ResponseException $e) {
  print $e->getMessage();

this sample will allow me to load an existing uploaded developer and modify his data, but I cannot seem to figure out how to submit/create a new developer

Not applicable

Thanks for the answer, man! Guys I've always wanted to learn how to make cool websites at home like my friend did , and now my friend has been making cool websites for schools and universities for a couple of years. I asked him where he learned such sites and he replied that he came across stylemixthemes.com and immediately started making very cool sites, and by the way, he always uses the most top plugins and his sites look just perfect. Well, in short, I have been learning how to make websites for more than six months, and I advise everyone to learn it.