Developer Portal - Internal vs External API Product Listings

Not applicable

Hi All,

Can you please let me know what is the best strategy to go with for developer portal for listing API products for Internal and External Developers. I want to ensure that Internal API products are not accessible to external developers?

What is the best option?

1) Do I need to have separate dev portal for internal vs external? or

2) I can mange this in a single customer portal using custom roles if supported by developer portal?

Solved Solved
0 5 1,893
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

llynch

Hi,

If you are using the Drupal developer portal, check out @Anil Sagar's 4MV4D: Drupal Develop Portal: Restrict API Products by Role. (The documentation will soon be enhanced to document the use of the module described and add a link to this video.)

If you are using the API portal available OOTB as part of the new Edge experience, you can define the audience to restrict access to your API products, as described in Managing the audience for an API on your portal.

HTH!

Liz

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable
@Anil Sagar

Any inputs on above?

llynch

Hi,

If you are using the Drupal developer portal, check out @Anil Sagar's 4MV4D: Drupal Develop Portal: Restrict API Products by Role. (The documentation will soon be enhanced to document the use of the module described and add a link to this video.)

If you are using the API portal available OOTB as part of the new Edge experience, you can define the audience to restrict access to your API products, as described in Managing the audience for an API on your portal.

HTH!

Liz

Hi @vivek yadav,

One more thing to note, you may also need to use the Taxonomy Access Control module to control access to the SmartDocs content on your portal. For more information, see Managing role-based access to content on your dev portal.

Thanks!

Liz

And see also, this link which talks about an improved administrative experience when configuring RBAC for API Product access.

Thanks a lot @Liz Lynch and @Dino