Message logging policy in DB

Not applicable

Hi,

Is there any way to push the output of message logging policy in any database?

Regards,

Salman

Solved Solved
1 2 198
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Salman,

No, the MessageLogging policy has several options for "targets" where the log messages will be sent.

• SysLog server
  • filesystem file - for customer-managed deployments only

This is documented in the MessageLogging doc.

If you have a database which exposes a syslog interface, or if you have a syslog app that writes to a database, then ... I suppose you would be able to wire up the MessageLogging policy to the database.

If you don't have a database that looks like a syslog, then an alternative approach would be to write to your database from within a JS step, a ServiceCallout policy with no Response element, or even nodejs code, any of which can be asynchronous.

For more information

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Salman,

No, the MessageLogging policy has several options for "targets" where the log messages will be sent.

• SysLog server
  • filesystem file - for customer-managed deployments only

This is documented in the MessageLogging doc.

If you have a database which exposes a syslog interface, or if you have a syslog app that writes to a database, then ... I suppose you would be able to wire up the MessageLogging policy to the database.

If you don't have a database that looks like a syslog, then an alternative approach would be to write to your database from within a JS step, a ServiceCallout policy with no Response element, or even nodejs code, any of which can be asynchronous.

For more information

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed response. Message logging is already being pushed to syslog.log but our reporting requirement was to have the same in DB somewhere. From what I understand is that we need to have a DB is the same format and then push it there.

Regards,

Salman