Dynamically Set KVM mapIdentifier

Not applicable

Hi,

-I have a custom attribute set on my Apps, which indicate which server the API call hits (e.g. S1, S2, S3 etc).

-I pull this through in my proxies and use this to target those particular servers, e.g. https://S1-api.location.com

-I also need some credentials pulled from the KVM to send in the headers to these servers with a different set of credentials per server & api.

-I am hoping to be able to make a unique collection per server of credentials so it's easier to manage them (e.g. S1-Collection, S2-Collection etc)

-I then want to dynamically use these collections in a KVM to pull the appropriate credentials out (e.g. mapIdentifier={dynamicCollectionName}) which have been built of in a Javascript Callout.

I can't get this working with an identifier pulled from a variable, but does anyone know a way I can achieve what I am trying to do? I don't want to have to add multiple sets of KVMs as new servers are created (as suggested in other tickets).

My aim, is when a new server is created, all I need to do is create a new KVM collection and adds the credentials to that collection. The policies shouldn't need to be updated.

Cheers!

0 3 451
3 REPLIES 3

The backend credentials can be held in a single map with the key of the form

s1-username

s1-password

Having them in one map makes it easier to manage the credentials in one place rather than having several maps.

Hey Madhan,

I have this as an implementation already, and it works fine. But I would prefer to do it the other way around by have one collection per server rather than a huge collection with all the credentials in one.

Any ideas?

Hi Aron,

Did you get any solution for this requirement of your's?? please let me know i have a similar req.