Will it be possible to update the node version to a more recent one?

Are there any plans to update the node.js runtime to a more recent version?

Many node modules are now starting to be written using features only available in more recent dialect than the 0.10 version that currently runs on Apigee - eg they use const or let keyword for variable declaration

This is causing issues when trying to run node programs on Apigee - especially as the way node dependencies are handled meaning a sub dependency of the module you want may be using newer keywords so it is very difficult to track down and fix the issue.

4 16 2,239
16 REPLIES 16

Not applicable

Right, recently the "request" library introduced dependency, which works for versions >=4. And this may break quite many APIs. And there will be potentially more such cases in the future.

That is the problem I just encountered. It looks like the latest version that will work is 2.81.0

I am currently going through my apis to fix dependency to that level

This is becoming a major problem now
a127-magic module has a dependency down its chain somewhere on the mime module. The latest version of this uses const instead of var and so does not work when deployed to apigee edge

Yes, Apigee is working on supporting the current NodeJS engine including const, let, ES6 and etc.

Let me ask @Mukundha Madhavan to respond and add details.

Hello @anthony.brown@johnlewis.co.uk, we have recently released a Early access version to native nodejs support on Edge, will share the details

Do we have any news on this? Some timelines when it will be released on premises?

Hello @anthony.brown@johnlewis.co.uk, any update on this?

I think you want to flag @Mukundha Madhavan .

Not applicable

Hi @Dino is there any update on this?

Yes, we announced beta of Hosted Targets this week - https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/hosted-targets/hosted-targets-overview

Let us know if this addresses your issues

Yes! Check out my article.

we announced beta of Hosted Targets this week - https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/hosted-targets/hosted-targets-overview, we hope this addresses the nodejs version issues

Are Hosted Targets only available for the cloud version? What about on premises?

yes it is cloud-only for now. We are looking into options for on-premises, will keep you posted

It has been more than a year, any news on hosted targets on premises?

There is no plan to provide Hosted Targets in the on prem version of Apigee.