Restrict viewing proxy analytics

Hi,

I am trying to restrict a user from viewing the analytics of proxies which they haven't created.

In other words, the user must be able to view the analytics of proxies , which they have created only. The analytics of other proxies must not be accessible to them.

I am trying to do this using custom roles, but I am not able to achieve it.

Kindly help me to a achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

0 2 113
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Harini,

I hope you are well.

I think I understand your requirement, and maybe we would need to write something custom for this.

Please elaborate on "the user must be able to view the analytics of proxies , which they have created only". Do you mean the user that has deployed the latest revision in Apigee or somebody that has deployed any revision?

If you are using Continuous Integration Best Practices, then maybe all proxies are deployed by a "CI" user, which will make it more difficult.

In your organization, how can we distinguish exactly who owns a proxy? It may be that a manual mapping of 'Proxy' to 'Owner' is the most reliable way to manage this report.

Please let us know so we can find the best solution 🙂

Many thanks!

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thank you. Hope you are also doing well.

In this case , the user will be the person who has made any deployments in the proxy not only the latest deployment.

And can you also please elaborate on the manual mapping of proxy to owner? Is it something like we have to refer the audit logs manually to find out the person who has made any changes to the proxy?

Thank you.