Creating dev portal with Drupal

Not applicable

Hi Team,

I want to add smartdocs to document my APIs. But the only way to do so is by creating a portal using Drupal development tools.

Do I need to have paid account for creating a portal using Drupal? Because all the description given to implement smartdocs have the settings which are currently not accessible using the dev portal created using New Edge View.

Awaiting you reply!

Solved Solved
1 1 434
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rogers

I understand that you want smartdocs for your APIs.

Today there are two options.

1. Use the Drupal-based developer portal, and get SmartDocs for interactive documentation.
  2. Use the New portal, and get Swagger-UI based interactive documentation.

Both options allow the "try it now" experience for an API in the browser. The SmartDocs option is more powerful, for reasons perhaps you are familiar with: the state retention, the handlebars templates, and the page-per-method which allows better SEO.

But the new portal has advantages too: it's really simple.

To answer your other question: The Drupal-based developer portal is a licensed product from Apigee.

The current policy is: You need a paid account (not a free trial) for Edge SaaS in order to request a Drupal-based developer portal. See here.

Prior to the release of the new portal experience, we had a policy that allowed free trial customers to request Drupal-based portals. But that's changed now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @rogers

I understand that you want smartdocs for your APIs.

Today there are two options.

1. Use the Drupal-based developer portal, and get SmartDocs for interactive documentation.
  2. Use the New portal, and get Swagger-UI based interactive documentation.

Both options allow the "try it now" experience for an API in the browser. The SmartDocs option is more powerful, for reasons perhaps you are familiar with: the state retention, the handlebars templates, and the page-per-method which allows better SEO.

But the new portal has advantages too: it's really simple.

To answer your other question: The Drupal-based developer portal is a licensed product from Apigee.

The current policy is: You need a paid account (not a free trial) for Edge SaaS in order to request a Drupal-based developer portal. See here.

Prior to the release of the new portal experience, we had a policy that allowed free trial customers to request Drupal-based portals. But that's changed now.