How do you get the status of the delete monetization job

Not applicable

This article talks about how to delete monetization data - http://docs.apigee.com/monetization/content/delete-monetization-data-organization

It does not explain how to get the status one you have created the job. Can someone please help?

Solved Solved
1 6 241
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is an api to get status of async job and its only accessible by sys admin. Please contact support to provide this information

Example :

GET {{host}}/v1/mint/asyncjobs/ae52b4e3-644d-4196-baca-2406611a311e

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Great Question @rajeevramani1 ,

I have seen this issue. API Mentioned above shows job is running & never deleted the monetization data. I suggest to contact support.

There is an api to get status of async job and its only accessible by sys admin. Please contact support to provide this information

Example :

GET {{host}}/v1/mint/asyncjobs/ae52b4e3-644d-4196-baca-2406611a311e

Hi, I've added a section to the documentation: Viewing the status of the asynchronous delete operation. Though, this procedure is not applicable to Edge Cloud customers.

Thanks,Liz

Not applicable

I think the way the documentation is structured needs to change

The use case is this.

You design your rate plans and packages in dev and you want to move them to production.

The first step is to stage the data some place and test.

For this to be a repeatable process the data in stage has to be delete-able.

So the documentation will make sense if

Step 1: http://docs.apigee.com/monetization/content/delete-monetization-data-organization

Step 2: GET Status /v1/mint/asyncjobs/ae52b4e3-644d-4196-baca-2406611a311e

Step 3: MUST Perform http://docs.apigee.com/monetization/content/synchronize-apigee-edge-data-monetization after step 1 else you will see errors.

Also @Liz Lynch I dont understand why this is not allowed for Edge cloud customers? How does one stage the configurations and blow them away?

@rajeevramani1

Apologies if I wasn't clear in my comments above. The "view status" call requires sys admin privileges (step 2 that you list above), which Edge Cloud customers do not have. Steps 1 and 3 require organization administrator privilege so they can be run by Cloud customers that have this privilege.

@rajanish@apigee.com - I wonder if it might make sense to relax the sys admin requirements for viewing async job status so that Edge Cloud customers can perform step 2?

I will update the documentation to make step 3 more clear. Right now, it's listed in Next Steps and I agree that could easily be missed.

Thanks for your feedback and apologies for the confusion and any inconvenience this has caused.

Liz

Thanks, @Liz Lynch I also think the URL to check the status of the jobs will prevent access The URL GET {{host}}/v1/mint/asyncjobs/ae52b4e3-644d-4196-baca-2406611a311e means someone needs sysadmin level access to check the status of the job that they triggered using a different role level. This seems inconsistent can this be fixed?