How do I Control Client Access to Environments

Not applicable

I'd like to control which environments a client or a client application has access to.

Is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 4 229
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hi,

In order to access an API, each client must have a registered Developer. A Developer can develop multiple apps (from the developer portal) or the Developer App can be developed from the Edge portal also (by the administrator). Each Developer App can have one or mulitple Products attached to it.

Develop respective products(s) for each group of Developers; specifying the Environment (test or Prod) and the allowed proxies (proxy name(s), version and specific resources).

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Hi Shamil,

Yes you can, just create custom roles and assign the client users to those roles so they have specific access by environment. Hope it helps!

5582-screen-shot-2017-09-05-at-13150-pm.png

Please feel free to ask if you need more clarification.

Thanks

Prakash

Hi,

Isn't that screenshot for a user permission? I need to be able to control what environments developer's apps and even developers themselves can and cannot access.

E.g. a developer can use the sandbox API but not production (yet).

Hi Shamil,

Sorry that was'nt the right response for your question. To achieve what you want, you may have to configure it using API Products. That is the only way I can think to achieve the level of access control to what a developer can access.

5583-screen-shot-2017-09-05-at-41345-pm.png

Not applicable

Hi,

In order to access an API, each client must have a registered Developer. A Developer can develop multiple apps (from the developer portal) or the Developer App can be developed from the Edge portal also (by the administrator). Each Developer App can have one or mulitple Products attached to it.

Develop respective products(s) for each group of Developers; specifying the Environment (test or Prod) and the allowed proxies (proxy name(s), version and specific resources).

Thanks.