URGENT - Developers getting ERROR when trying to create an app!

anton

A new developer who signed up and I approved his account is trying to add an app and getting this error. Tried many different app names - nothing works.

Here's the portal:

http://dev-freightosdp.devportal.apigee.io

5555-new-app-error.png

Solved Solved
0 11 331
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anton+Bar ,

You are expected to create an API Product in Apigee Edge . Once you create an API product, It will show in developer portal. Clear Caches to see API Product in Developer Portal. You can also disable API Products cache settings in Configuration -> Developer Portal -> App Settings.

You need to choose API Product while creating an App in Developer Portal, Keys generated will be associated with API product & You can access APIs that are part of API Product using the keys.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

@Anton+Bar ,

You are expected to create an API Product in Apigee Edge . Once you create an API product, It will show in developer portal. Clear Caches to see API Product in Developer Portal. You can also disable API Products cache settings in Configuration -> Developer Portal -> App Settings.

You need to choose API Product while creating an App in Developer Portal, Keys generated will be associated with API product & You can access APIs that are part of API Product using the keys.

Hope it helps.

@Anil Sagar - I did create an API product in Apigee Edge.

and I cleared the cache several times...

5563-api-product.png

@Anton+Bar , See 4mv4d video that explains API Product with verify API Key, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWRSKZwCwkY

@Anton+Bar , Though you have created API Product , You forgot to select the "Access", See screenshot below. That's the reason it's not showing up in portal. Please choose access as Public. It will show up in portal.

5564-freightos-apigee.png

Choose Access to Public, Go to developer portal, Flush caches (Hover on home icon on admin menu, Flush all caches). Navigate to create app, You should see API Product & You should be able to create app.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

OK, this makes sense now. Thanks! Resolved.

@Anton+Bar

Also, You have chosen settings in developer portal (Configuration -> Developer Portal -> App Settings) to auto add the API Products instead of giving option to developer. Forgot to choose the default products.

5566-application-settings-freightos-developer-portal.png

5566-application-settings-freightos-developer-portal.png

@Anton+Bar , Glad to know. I believe other too resolved.

Please keep us posted moving forward if any.

I did all that, see the attached image. I do have proxy and product, it all shows up in the portal. Cache is cleared.

5565-api-exec-error-withkeys-and-product.png

@Anton+Bar ,

I have selected the default product in above setting which was missing earlier. APP Creation is working now. Please verify.

5567-screen-shot-2017-08-31-at-74401-pm.png