Set Oauth V2.0 info policy with third party access token

Hi,

When i generate access token i add request headers as attributes in "GenerateAccessToken" policy:
<Attributes>
<Attribute name="X-UserRole" ref="request.header.X-UserRole" display="false">role</Attribute>
<Attribute name="X-UserId" ref="request.header.X-UserId" display="false">userId</Attribute>
<Attribute name="X-PartnerId" ref="request.header.X-PartnerId" display="false">partnerId</Attribute>
<Attribute name="X-deviceType" ref="request.header.X-deviceType" display="false">deviceType</Attribute>
</Attributes>

These request headers now become available to me from Access token body.
I then call an API proxy(SetUserInfo) which populate these headers as <attributes>, using Set Oauthv2 policy:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<SetOAuthV2Info async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Set-OAuth-v20-Info-UserInfo">
<DisplayName>Set OAuth v2.0 Info-UserInfo</DisplayName>
<AccessToken ref="access_token"/>
<Attributes>
<Attribute name="X-UserId" ref="request.header.X-UserId"/>
<Attribute name="X-UserRole" ref="request.header.X-UserRole"/>
<Attribute name="X-PartnerId" ref="request.header.X-PartnerId"/>
<Attribute name="X-deviceType" ref="request.header.X-deviceType"/>
</Attributes>
</SetOAuthV2Info>

Now, we have plans to get the Access Token from Ping Federate. We will pass this Access token to Apigee, and Apigee will talk to Ping federate to verify this token.
In the above scenario, when access token is NOT generated by Apigee, can i still use "Set Oauth v2 policy" to populate user information?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Kumud

Solved Solved
0 4 342
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Kumud Gautam ,

You can use Apigee oAuth with 3rd party access tokens & set attributes. You can find more about same here. You can inform Apigee about 3rd party token generated in ping & set attributes as explained in docs.

Also see detailed article how to integrate ping federate with Apigee here.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Kumud Gautam ,

You can use Apigee oAuth with 3rd party access tokens & set attributes. You can find more about same here. You can inform Apigee about 3rd party token generated in ping & set attributes as explained in docs.

Also see detailed article how to integrate ping federate with Apigee here.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

Thanks Anil!

Hi @Anil Sagar,

The two links you shared are same. Can you please share the link to integrate Apigee with Ping Federate?

Regards,

Kumud

@Kumud Gautam , Updated link to article.